BAKED SOFT PRETZEL STICKS #appetizers #bread

BAKED SOFT PRETZEL STICKS #appetizers #bread

I have an admission to make… and one that you might be stunned to hear. I can not stand heading off to the shopping center. I really can't stand shopping when all is said in done. I disdain it. Indeed, I am a lady… who abhors shopping. I have an inclination that I should turn in my lady card lol. However, on the uncommon event that I do end up at the shopping center… the main part I appreciate is halting by a specific pretzel shop and getting a delicate pretzel to scarf down and appreciate each flavorful nibble!

So obviously I've been needing to make my own pretzels for some time now… I mean, why torment myself with the shopping center to make sure I can have a yummy delicate pretzel? For reasons unknown, I've generally been somewhat frightened to take a stab at making pretzels. Which is somewhat crazy… I mean on the off chance that they turn out severely, it's surely not the apocalypse right? In any case, as most things, I wind up convincing myself not to attempt it lol.

All things considered, no more… I at long last put on my young lady pants and attempted it. Furthermore, guess what? They. Were. Astonishing! It's a tad of work, however absolutely justified, despite all the trouble, I guarantee you! Truly, madly great.

Also Try Our Recipe : INSTANT POT HUMMUS

BAKED SOFT PRETZEL STICKS #appetizers #bread #baked #lunch #recipes

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 package active dry yeast
  • 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
  • 2/3 cup baking soda
  • 1 Tbsp egg yolk beaten with 1 water
  • Sea salt

OPTIONAL GARLIC BUTTER:

  • 3 Tbsp salted butter, melted
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • pinch of minced fresh parsley

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Combine the water, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle the yeast on top. Let to sit for 5 minutes or until it foams slightly and smells "yeasty".
  2. Add the flour and melted butter and, using the dough hook attachment, mix on low until well combined. Switch to medium speed and knead about 4 minutes, until the dough is smooth, elastic and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
  3. Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
  4. Bring a large stockpot of water mixed with baking soda to a boil.
  5. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
  6. Spray a cutting board or your counter with cooking spray and shape dough into a ball. Cut dough in half, and cut each half into 8 pieces (for a total of 16 pieces). Roll each piece into a 10-12" rope.
  7. Beat egg yolk with tablespoon of water and set aside.
  8. Boil each stick one by one, for 30 seconds each. Remove them from the water with a strainer or large spatula. Place on prepared baking sheets, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake until dark golden brown in color, about 14 minutes (flipping over after about 8-9 minutes). Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
  9. If desired, combine garlic butter ingredients and brush onto cooked pretzels.

For more detail : bit.ly/39C3bWO

Read More Our Recipe : CHAPSSAL DONUTS (KOREAN GLUTINOUS RICE BALL DOUGHNUTS)

Post a Comment

0 Comments