CHEESY ZUCCHINI RICE #vegetarian #dinner


Not exclusively is this rice dish a boon for my clear side dish issues, yet it doesn't hurt that it is out and out heavenly and generous enough to fill the empty legs that sit at my supper table (for example my four developing young men). 

I watched in wonder as my family scooped spoonful after spoonful of this rice onto their plates. I'm not so much sure they realized they were devouring no under two zucchinis from our nursery yet I'll stay discreet to myself if it's okay with you. 

I trust this straightforward, messy, homestyle rice will satisfy the palates at your table as much as it does at mine and let we all who fixate on side dishes rest somewhat better around evening time.

Also Try Our Recipe : The Best Sauteed Spinach

CHEESY ZUCCHINI RICE #vegetarian #dinner #zucchini #lunch #veggies

INGREDIENTS

  •  1 cup long-grain white rice
  •  2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  •  1 medium or 2 small zucchini, grated on a box grater or with a food processor (no need to peel beforehand)
  •  1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  •  1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  •  Salt and pepper, to taste
  •  1-2 tablespoons milk, if needed

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and let the rice simmer for 15-20 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
  2. Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the grated zucchini, cheese, and garlic powder. Add salt and pepper to taste (don't skip this step - I needed at least 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt to boost the flavor). Add a tablespoon or so of milk to adjust the texture if needed. Serve warm.

For More Details : bit.ly/32zjxPt

Read More Our Recipe : ROASTED MANGO-HABANERO SALSA

Post a Comment

0 Comments